Valencia Food & Market Adventure
Taste your way through Valencia's historic center like a local, and discover cultural and gastronomic hidden gems!
- Breakfast like a local with homemade fartons and horchata, at a charming café that's two centuries old!
- An insider's tour of the emblematic and architecturally stunning Central Market-- the largest market in Europe
- A walking tour past Valencia's most important monuments: Santa Catalina Church, the Cathedral, Silk Exchange, and Water Tribunal (a UNESCO site)
- A chance to meet the proud owners of family-run establishments that have been operating for centuries
- Delicious local tastes, like freshly grilled sardines and wines from the barrel in a century-old wine store
- Sweets! Different types of turrón, delicious Spanish nougat, in a family-run specialty shop
- Fartons, a homemade local pastry
- Homemade Spanish bocadillo (specialty sandwich)
- Acorn-fed Iberian ham
- Delicious local cheeses
- Freshly grilled sardines
- Unique Valencia-flavored ice cream
- Turrón, Spain's favorite candy bars
- Horchata, a local drink made from tigernuts
- Valencia wine poured straight from the barrel
What to Expect on Your Tour
Many visitors come to Valencia in search of paella, not realizing there is so much more to discover in this beautiful city! Join us on this three-hour food and cultural adventure to delve a bit deeper and go past the paella! This foodie adventure includes seven delicious food stops and countless cultural stops, including a visit to our stunning Central Market, a century-old wine store, and a historic tapas bar! In between tasting delicious food and learning about Spanish culture, you’ll get a glimpse of some of the city’s best sights and hear about the city’s unique traditions, all while learning Valencia’s storied past.
You’ll start the day by having breakfast the local way at a century-old bar where you’ll try two local specialties—fartons and horchata—while your food-loving guide explains just what they are and the story behind them!
Next up, your guide will whisk you away for a walk around the city center, telling you stories to help bring Valencia’s history to life before arriving to the Central Market. This emblematic market is well-known for its wide array of fresh produce and local products! While here, you’ll try delicious local sandwiches, and sample cured hams and cheeses before heading off to explore the market’s many stalls. You’ll also learn about the ingredients that make up our famous paella, and so much more!
After the market visit, you’ll head to one of our favorite tapas bar—a locals only joint, this hole-in-the-wall stop is hidden in plain sight! You’ll try some of Valencia’s best local tapas here! Then we’re off again, to continue our walk around the city center and to discover more of Valencia’s fabulous monuments before stopping at a century-old bodega, or wine store. It’s here where you’ll sample local wines straight out of the barrel!
Next, we’ll stop by and see where the weekend Water Tribunal takes place—and your guide will explain this fascinating tradition—before finishing off with two very different (but equally delicious!) sweet surprises at the end!
At the end of your tour, your expert guide will be happy to provide tips and suggestions for the rest of your trip. And as with all Devour Valencia tours, you’ll receive our Devouring Valencia Guide! Packed with all our favorite places to eat, drink and shop, it’s the perfect guide to discover even more of the city!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore the most historic and central part of the city, weaving through the charming streets and passing by the city's most famous monuments
Rave Reviews for This Tour
This tour delivers what it promises by taking you to LOCAL eateries and markets. Well worth the investment, just loved the tour
What really puts Devour tours above the rest is their attention to detail and their exceptional guides.
We felt like we were insiders for the duration of the tour rather than tourists.